MY READS OF THE WEEK
- Chancellor Sajid Javid has announced that his blueprint for the nation’s finances – the Budget – will happen on Weds 11 March. Get up to speed with this great primer on what might happen from Money Observer.
- Disturbing research published last week by Comparethemarket.com suggests that millions of young shoppers are potentially damaging their credit scores with “buy now, pay later” schemes. I’m a vocal critic of this trend and was quoted by Sifted.EU’s report on the findings. Klarna contests these findings – you make your mind up.
- The FIRE movement has exploded in recent years but this is an excellent report about what it really takes to retire at 40, as inews journalist Alys Key actually attends a FIRE workshop in London.
- If you aren’t already trying to pay down your debts in the New Year, this scary article from the Telegraph should provide some extra motivation: credit card deals have deteriorated to a 13-year low.
- Finally, fancy investing in the fast-growing legal cannabis market? Now you can – let’s hope this exchange-traded fund brings high returns.