I gave Radio 1’s listeners the lowdown on lockdown and what it means for their finances. Here’s what we covered:
- the deal with benefits, the minimum £££ available and how you could get more
- the self-employed income support scheme – I say you don’t need to do anything, which was correct at time of broadcast, but has since changed as the SEISS came online last month (earlier than expected). Get the full details here
- how to educate yourself financially during this period, including taking Future Learn’s free course on budgeting and watching my videos on the newly beefed-up BBC Bitesize website
- how to budget effectively during lockdown – set spending limits, transfer money into a second spending account, do one big shop and plan your meals for the week
- look after your financial well-being: get help if you need it, take time out from your finances when you need to and remember that while things may seem bleak now, you will survive.
Get in touch with your lockdown finance questions – firstname.lastname@example.org.